Tortoise causes house fire by knocking over heat lamp in Texas

SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 11 (UPI) -- A pet tortoise accidentally knocked over its heat lamp causing a fire that spread through a pair of Texas homes.

The blaze began after midnight on Tuesday when the 150-pound tortoise apparently knocked over the heat lamp in its outdoor cage, KSAT reported.

The San Antonio Fire Department spokesman Woody Woodward told My San Antonio the lamp fell onto a mattress which sparked the large fire which spread to the neighboring home.

Arsonists were unsure how the fire reached the neighbor's home, where it caused the majority of its damage.

No one, including the tortoise, was injured in the late night fire, but the flames caused about $150,000 to the neighboring home.

The neighbors home was not considered a total loss, but the family will be displaced by the fire while the home is under repair.
Daniel Uria


Sen. Ted Cruz attends campaign event in Boone, IowaTuring CEO Martin Shkreli arrves at Federal CourtHillary Clinton attends campaign event in Toledo, IowaFirst Family participates in the lighting of the National Christmas TreePresident Barack Obama speaks at the Righteous Among the Nations Award CeremonySuper Bowl 50 City opens in San FranciscoPresident Barack Obama speaks at the University of Nebraska OmahaFBI invetigates San Bernardino mass killing as an act of terrorAntonin Scalia lies in repose in Supreme CourtHillary Clinton attends campaign event in Des Moines, IowaRally Calling for an End to the Blockade on Gaza.President Barack Obama Participates in Town Hall Event Anderson Cooper Speaker Paul Ryan delivers remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast
Follow us:

Share Hotspot Shield with your friends and family!


Copyright © 2014 AnchorFree, Inc. All Rights Reserved